29th Day of the Challenge

Today is the twenty ninth day of the Slice of Life Challenge. It is ending sooner and sooner. I’ll tell you about the time I went to  a field trip to Jamestown/Yorktown.

In fourth grade, we had a field trip to Jamestown.I had to wake up at 5:30 that morning so I could get to school on time. We had to be there at about 6:30 so that we could get to Jamestown by about 10:30. It was fun in the bus. We had a bathroom and a really fancy bus with wi-fi. We were allowed to use our devices which were mostly tablets. EVERYONE had one to keep themselves entertained. Then, we reached. We saw a lot of things in Jamestown. We got a tour. There were people dressed up as colonists and people dressed up as American Indians. It was really cool. They showed us how they stayed in their homes, how they cooked and farmed food, and how they interacted with each other. We ate lunch after that. Then, we went to Yorktown, which was a half hour drive from Jamestown. In Yorktown, we saw battlefields and a few homes. It was there that we go to go to the gift store. I got a Jamestown-Yorktown mini ball and a skin of a rabbit. It was really cool. But, sadly, I don’t know where they are, so I won’t remember this event for later.