Puerto Rico Trip

During this winter break, a long time before, in the end of 2016, I went to Puerto Rico. In Puerto Rico we did many things. We stayed at a resort called El Conquistador Resort. It was made in 1960, but renovated in 1997. On the first day, we went to a beach on the private island of the resort which was called Palomino Island. We had tons of fun there but the beach didn’t have any waves, so it wasn’t as fun as a regular beach. But all the other days a TOTALLY made up for that.

On the second day, I went to a rainforest called El Yunque National Rainforest. At the rainforest there was a small waterfall, so we went there first. We went to the top on a rock and our friends took a picture of my family and I. After that, there was a trail that we went on. It was about a mile of walking. It took about 45 minutes to get there!

On the third day, we went to the old capital called Old San Juan. We went to the fort there. It was a fort to protect the Spanish land from the from the British, and later the Americans. There were also a few stores that our moms went to. Once we came back to the resort, we went to a restaurant and got our own room! There was also a TV that we used to watch Thursday Night Football between the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles.

On the fourth day, we went snorkeling! It was the first time I ever went snorkeling. We got snorkeling masks and flippers which I just threw off because it was annoying. First, we went to the shallower areas, 4-5 feet, to “practice”, then we went to the deeper areas, about 25 feet deep. In the deeper area was where we saw a whole school of fish! There were about 40 of them.

On the fifth day and final day, we went to the Resort Water Park! It was so awesome. There was a part which looked like it was never-ending water, but it ended. At about 12:20 we had to sign out!  FALSE ALARM! We didn’t actually have to sign. Only one of the families that we went with had to go that soon. After we figured that out, we did a resort activity called Scout-About. We had to go around the resort and collect these rubber bands to show that we had been to the place and then we could cash it all in for a resort rubber band. It was really cool! Sadly, in the late night, we had to go. It was really sad because we had a great time there. But, we can’t stay there forever. That is how my Puerto Rico trip went. Really fun!