Super Bowl LI

Tomorrow we are starting the slice of life challenge. It is where we write everyday in March. I’m going to tell my story about Superbowl LI.

I got this idea from erms4pranav16’s blog: http://erms4pranav16.edublogs.org/2017/02/07/super-bowl-li/

On the day of Superbowl LI I was totally pumped up and ready for the Patriots to get crushed by the Falcons the highest scoring team in the NFL. For the coin toss, former President George H. W. Bush came in. It was going to be an easy win for the Falcons and that’s how it went for the WHOLE first half. The score was 21-3. Then, in the second half the Falcons go the ball and scored again and made it 28-3! It was definitely going to be a win for the Falcons, so my friends and I headed to the basement to play some xbox. When we came back up, the Patriots just scored their first touchdown but missed the extra point! The score then became 28-9. Then, the Falcons punted the ball, as they couldn’t do anything. Then, the Patriots scored a field goal making the score 28-12. Then, after the Falcons got the ball again, they had to punt it away. Then, the Patriots scored a touchdown again making the score 28-18. They went for two and it worked making the score 28-20. The Falcons punted the ball AGAIN! The Patriots had a second down. Tom Brady threw it to his trusted wide receiver, Julian Edelman, who made an amazing catch. They went down the field and scored another touchdown! It was the running back James White. It made the score 28-26. They had to go for two. This was the big moment – go big, or go home. They went for two and it worked AGAIN. It was 28-28. A stunning moment for all the Falcons & Patriots fans. The game went into overtime making it the first game in Super Bowl history that went into overtime. The Patriots won the toss. They elected to receive the kickoff. They scored a touchdown. That’s it, lights out for all the Falcons fans. The biggest comeback in super bowl history. The Patriots sideline in cheers, the Falcons sideline in tears. Tom Brady won the MVP award as he won his FIFTH Super Bowl with the Patriots making it the fifth Super Bowl title for the Patriots too.     

Read 2 comments