6th Day of the Challenge

Today is the sixth day of the slice of life challenge. I will tell you about my all star tournament.

We started off by playing a team from Reston, but we beat them really easily wtih the score at 5-1!

Then, we played against a team from Herndon and we beat them easily too with the score at 5-2!

We had a big break this time, so my dad and I went to Dunkin Donuts. We headed to our next game. We were playing against the Prince William team. We were there on time, but their team was not, so they had to take a forfeit. That is outrageous! “It will mess up the field schedule” is what they said.

Then, we played against the first hard team, SYA. They were really tough, but we scored a goal. Then, they moved the ball extremely quickly and scored. The game was heated and they gave the ball to their best player who took the ball all the way down field and scored. Game over, 2-1.

The next day, our tournament continued. We were playing against a different Reston team and it was a great match. We scored our first goal off of a penalty kick. It was halftime after that. Immediately, they took the ball down field and scored to tie up the game. They stole it from us again and took the ball down the field. We only had two defenders! They scored to take the lead. Then our coach gave us a pep talk. “We need to win this game guys, it is the semis!” That gave us what was needed. We handed the ball to our best player and he scored to tie the game! Then, there were only three minutes left in the game! We were sure the game would go into penalties, but that didn’t happen. We got the ball and at the last second, we scored a goal! That was it. We won. 3-2!
The next match was against SYA in the finals. “We need to win this game guys,” is what my coach said. But it was hopeless. We lost. 3-0! It was so sad. We were freezing to death! We couldn’t move and soon enough, the game was over and we had lost. That was it. While they got big, huge trophies, we got tiny little glass thingies saying runner-up on them. I know we didn’t play well in the finals but I think we deserved more! But anyway, there’s always next season.